Weather in UB

Monday, August 27, 2007

my view

This picture is a view from my balcony. In the distance you can see at least 4 cranes( building boom!). All in all, not a bad view. The pollution was minimal the day I took this, so you can actually see the hills :)

I was out and about early this morning. I looked up at the balconies in the buildings around mine and I was happy to see older Mongolians doing their morning prayers. Part of morning prayers in throwing milk from a bowl to the sky, earth , wind. One older woman was quite shocked to see me looking up at her (usually people are looking down here, trying not to fall in a manhole). I greeted her with a sunny “Ta saina baina uu?” (literally “is good there?” but it means “how are you”) We chatted about the beautiful weather and I moved on. Hopefully she liked me enough to include me in her prayers.
Another photo of the UB building boom. Taken next to Sukhbaatar Square.

2 comments:

Andrew Campbell said...

Bagsh: I recognize that crane... just kidding! Nice view. Look forward to seeing it ourselves. Probably won't be any leaves on the trees then...

best from us
A+M+M+J

Unknown said...

cool blog annie pannie. keep up with the pics! i like to look at yer pics.