Weather in UB

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Research blunders

I am supposed to be journaling as part of my research plan and so far I’ve been pretty good about it. Here is a little piece from my personal research journal: I had my first real, official interview today. I was really prepared. After all, I have been preparing for this for nearly a year now. Needless to say, I still managed to forget to check the batteries in my digital recorder and alas, it didn’t work. I did have a pen and paper, so I took notes the old fashioned way. Over all the interview went really well, and I learned a lot. I also planned another meeting with this person. I laughed it off. I think that’s the first thing they teach you in Research 101, “1. Check the batteries.” I’ll just keep telling myself that it happens to everyone once ! The funniest part of the interview was when the secretary brought us glasses of Mongolian wine (at 2 in the afternoon). I was obliged to partake. When in Mongolia, eh? So, yeah, the research is off to a roaring start and I’m sure it’ll only get better.

1 comment:

aat said...

Perhaps this is where you'd like me to weigh in?! Sounds like you handled it well, rolling with the punches. Do take extra batteries next time, Annie. When the wine is served you'll be able to enjoy it that much more. Good thing your family kept you apprised of the dangers of college students and drinking!